If you have ever rented a car, you probably know that rental cars tend to be expensive. Sometimes, however, we just have no other choice but to rely on them. Fortunately for you, renting a car does not have to be too expensive. With a little bit of research and preparation, here is how you can alleviate the costs:
1. First of all, shop around for deals and do your research. We encourage you to look up the company that you are interested in on the BBB. If the company previously had had several complaints filed against them, this will give you the chance to perhaps choose a different one.
2. Figure out whether or not your current insurance policy covers car rental as this tends to change from policy to policy.
3. When you have the vehicle, take lots of pictures of its condition. This way, you will have proof to back you up should the company blame you for any existing scratch or dent. Also, read the rental contract carefully before using it.
4. Of course, use great caution when driving the vehicle.
5. When returning the car, try to have an agent inspect it for any damage. If you can't, we recommend that you take more pictures to back you up. Should the company charge you for any damage that you did not do, you can complain to the BBB.
Have a question on car insurance policies? Click here for more information: sharpinsurance.ca