Owning a house can be a lot of trouble. In between finding the perfect home insurance policy and preventing it from being the target of thieves, you have to ensure that it is safe for little ones. The good news is that there are many ways to make your house baby proof, or at least more infant friendly. Here are some small tips to help you along the way:
1. Arm yourself with safety latches. This is the best way to prevent your children from opening drawers and playing with potentially dangerous household products and substances.
2. Install safety gates at the top and bottom of stairs. We all know how babies and young children like to wander around the house. Without proper surveillance, this natural habit can prove to be disastrous. As such, always ensure that safety gates are properly installed.
3. Always cover electrical outlets. This is absolutely imperative. Did you know that electric outlets can seriously harm and even kill someone? Don't risk it.
4. Prevent furnitures from tipping. Many tools to prevent furnitures from tipping can be purchased online. Think anchors and L-brackets, among others.
5. Keep dangerous objects at bay. Whether it be a glass pot on a window sill or a forgotten pair of scissors lying on the living room table, the more you think like a child, the quicker and better you will be at noticing dangerous objects lying around your house.
6. Lastly, always keep emergency numbers at hand. In the event of an emergency, you'll be grateful for this tip.