Monday, 15 September 2014

Builder's Risk Course of Construction in Calgary: What Does it Not Cover?

As a construction worker, being properly and adequately covered under insurance policies is a must. Failing to be so has the potential to impact your profession negatively -- and sometimes, it can even lead to you being sued.

If you live in the Calgary area, then being covered under Calgary construction insurance policies should figure high on your list of priorities (assuming that you are not already insured, of course). You will find that construction insurance policies come in all shapes and sizes. Depending on what you are looking for (and in what you specialize in), you might need a builder's risk insurance policy.

The latter is a policy that covers the building that you have been contracted to build against perils that could endanger said building. Think fire, lighting and vandalism among other things. Because this type of policy only remains in effect while a building is in the process of being built, it is referred to as a "course of action".

While a builder's risk course of action policy covers a property against a number of perils, it is good to remember that it is not a property insurance policy. As such, many exclusions exist within this policy, including faulty materials, faulty workmanship and latent defects, among others.

For some people, however, this policy is an absolute must -- especially when coupled with other construction insurance policies. If you are unsure whether or not you might benefit from this policy, we encourage you to discuss it with your insurance broker or to request a free insurance quote from Sharp Insurance. 

No comments:

Post a comment