As a business owner, keeping your Calgary business safe should be one of your main priorities -- and as you probably already know, it starts with keeping your business property as safe as possible. While people might argue that doing so is impossible (after all people will always be people), the truth is that with good planning you can greatly reduce the risk of theft and vandalism.
Here's how you can do it:
1. Equip yourself with a Calgary commercial insurance policy. Sure, it might not actually do anything to prevent theft or vandalism, but as the saying goes -- better be safe than sorry!
2. Invest in good locks. We cannot stress enough the importance of locks. Don't just settle for cheap ones -- spend as much money as needed. Just think of what is at stake.
3. Invest in a burglar alarm. This is especially useful if your business is located in a big city. Remember that the louder, the better.
4. Flood your property with light. Darkness conceals intruders. Light tends to keep them at bay. Certainly, your electricity bills might end up on the more expensive side, but it's a better fate than having to deal with theft or vandalism.
5. Be smart with your safe. Always ensure that the latter cannot be seen outside of your store. We also recommend bolting it to the wall.
6. Purchase window screens. Not only are they inexpensive -- they are also very useful when it comes to deterring thieves!