If you own a small business in Edmonton, then we cannot stress enough the importance of being informed. So without further ado, here are 4 little tips that you can follow in order to protect your business data:
- Encrypt your data. This is your first line of defense against hackers. If you don't know how to encrypt your data properly, plenty of resources are available online.
- Use strong passwords. And make sure that you don't use the same one more than once.
- Back up your data. Really, is anyone out there NOT backing up their data? If you own a small business in Edmonton, failure to back up your data could end up in disaster. Don't make this mistake -- it can be avoided so easily.
- Be careful who you share your data with. Hire employees who you know you can trust. Likewise, make sure to teach them how to keep data safe -- assuming that they don't know already how to do so.
- Don't store important data when you don't need it. This is quite self-explanatory. Make sure that you have a good plan when it comes to your data, and more importantly, make sure to stick with it!
- Beware of where you store your data. This is especially important if you own a small business. Too often, people store important data on their own personal laptop. This is a big no no!