So without further ado, here is how you can save on car fuel in Calgary:
- Avoid driving in the rush hour: Nobody likes traffic jams. But if people were to actually calculate how much fuel their car uses during traffic jams, they would like rush hour even less. Whenever possible, avoid driving in the rush hour -- especially if you live in downtown Calgary.
- Be smart with your trips: Ideally, you should be able to combine your trips into one daily big trip. Of course, we understand that life happens and that it's not always possible to do so, but trying can sometimes make a big difference.
- Accelerate smoothly: Did you know that accelerating too quickly burns fuel at a faster rate? When you need to accelerate, do it smoothly. Remember that the ideal way to drive (and the less expensive one as well) is to drive at a constant speed.
- Know when to change gears... and when not to: Using the wrong gear at the wrong speed can burn up more fuel and can actually strain the engine of your car. Brush up on your driving skills by learning when changing gears is necessary, and when it's not.
- Make sure that your car doesn't carry necessary weight: Here's another fact for you: The heavier your car is, the more fuel it requires to move around. This is simple physics. Before hitting the road tomorrow morning, makes sure that your car is empty of necessary items that could weigh it down and cost you money.