The holiday season is fast approaching. We all know the drill – parties, lights, trees, gifts and a little bit too much of that eggnog. Inevitably, some individuals may experience the by-products of these celebrations: fires, theft, or minor accidents to name a few. While planning for the festivities there are a few things you can do to prevent any unfortunate accidents.
Here are seven hacks for a safe holiday season:
- Place candles in your fireplace instead of wood – it’s easier to clean, cheaper, and is less likely to retain heat once put out.
- Running out of precious oven space to cook? Use a crockpot with a timer for delicious drinks and side dishes. It will remove the risk of leaving a burner on during midday madness.
- Use a selfie stick to put the star on top of the tree to avoid falling. Beautiful!
- Put your Christmas lights on an automatic timer. Deter thieves like Harry and Marv in Home Alone.
- Install a security alarm. Not only will you protect your belongings, your insurance premium may go down!
- Open pesky clamshell packaging with a can opener to prevent cuts.
- Wrap a cardboard box to store torn wrapping paper. It will make for prettier photos on Christmas morning. Never throw leftover wrapping paper into the fireplace – it can cause a chimney fire that Santa won’t appreciate.
Insurance tips to have a worry-free holiday:
- Firstly, save some money for Christmas shopping by choosing an insurance broker. Sharp Insurance will get you the best rate and ensure you fully understand your policy.
- Create a complete inventory of your personal belongings (gifts of jewelry, anyone?). This will make it easier to file a claim in the event of an accident.
- Did you get into a fender bender at the mall on Boxing Day? Sharp Prestige provides the use of a rental vehicle while your car is getting fixed at no cost.
- Do you need quick access to your pink card? Get the Sharp Mobile App on your phone. You can also make a quick claim, find the nearest taxi and access your insurance policy.
Contact us before the holidays for a quote at 1-877-218-2008 or www.sharpinsurance.ca